- fervent desire - “Desire is prayer”
- petition - “We can do more for ourselves by humble fervent petitions”
- affirmation - “God is the same ‘yesterday, today and forever’”
- gratitude - “Put the finger on the lips and remember our blessings”
- expression of patience, meekness, love, good deeds (This count as four)
- stuggle to be good - “The habitual struggle to be always good is unceasing prayer”
- longing, watching, and striving - “will mould and fashion us anew, until we awake in His likeness.” (That is three)
This adds up to 12 forms of prayer, and that is only looking at the first four pages. There are loads more. You might try reading the chapter to find how many more you can find. Read “Prayer” online.