For those who have felt victimized by their circumstances, trailed by a sad past, or who are marked by abuse, this lecture offers insights that neutralize perpetual reaction, pain and anger. The spiritual reasoning through prayer, taught in Christian Science, unlocks one's potential for peace, forgiveness, restoration and progress.
The life of Mary Baker Eddy is discussed in the context of the spiritual insight into the true nature of God and man that led to her becoming a world-renowned American religious reformer. It addresses common questions about Christian Science and its practice:
- How does Christian Science deal with sin?
- Is there any act so heinous that one cannot forgive?
- Is Christian Science teaching on anger, sin and forgiveness Bible-based?
- What about the Christian aspect of Christian Science?
- Are Old Testament scriptures helpful in practicing mercy and forgiveness?
- Is Christian Science treatment effective in healing emotional, mental and behavioral difficulties stemming from abuse?