Mary Baker Eddy wrote, “Spirit is omnipotent; hence a more spiritual Christianity will be one having more power, having perfected in Science that most important of all arts, — healing.” (Miscellaneous Writings, 232 )
She also explained, “Healing physical sickness is the smallest part of Christian Science. It is only the bugle-call to thought and action, in the higher range of infinite goodness.” (Rudimental Divine Science, 2)
How can healing the sick be the most important and the smallest part at the same time? I think it comes down to the motive of our prayers.
As one who LOVES dessert, I can say from experience that putting it first can distract attention away from the main course, and from the opportunity to engage with the great conversation going on at the table. In healing prayer, the main event is the unfolding conversation with the Christ, the divine message of good from God and man.
The subject of healing prayer is neither sin nor sickness. Neither is it healing, really. It is perfect God and His creation, perfect man. Health is a natural effect of spiritual understanding. Obtain the understanding of God and man and you obtain health, because health is the natural state of man as God’s child.
Do you want some Prayer MOJO today?
- Prayer that centers on the one God, as the only and supreme power – the divine Good that doesn’t share control with anything else – heals.
- Prayer that opens us to see and love what is spiritual and true in ourselves and others – leading us to “love our neighbor as ourselves” – heals.
- Prayer that sees man as the expression of God – the “image and likeness” who is as as one with God as wet is to water, as hot is to fire, and as cold is to ice – heals.
- Prayer that starts with perfect Cause to determine all effect – heals.
- Prayer that wraps itself around the Christ-message of God and man as perfect, immortal, unfallen – heals.
Please jump in and share your thoughts.
If you would like to see the conversation about healing prayer grow:
Please share the link with you friends, fans and followers!
A full-text version of this blog can be delivered to your email inbox.
The subscription box is in the sidebar.
You may also wish to:
VISIT MY WEBSITE HOME PAGE
READ MORE BLOG POSTINGS
FIND LINKS TO MY OTHER PUBLISHED CONTENT