With three important subjects prepared for this Spring, I am eager to get back to the US to give some lectures. Will I see you? Do you know of someone who would like to attend? The lectures are all locally sponsored, free of charge, and no invitation is necessary for entry. I will be looking for you and your friends in the crowd.
At the bottom of this post you will find the dates, times and locations of each public event in March. Here is a synopsis of my three titles.
Finding God, finding health - This one hour lecture introduces Christian Science to general audiences. It explains the living God as active, present and accessible. No one is, or can be, cut off from or left out of the divine presence. The unique revelation of God’s full nature, as explained by Christian Science, unlocks the potential in us to not just survive, but to thrive. This lecture presents facts of the life of Mary Baker Eddy that bring out her role as a Christian healer from her youth, up to, and after her discovery of the explanation in Christian Science of how such healing happens. It responds to common questions about Christian Science and its practice:
- How does an understanding of God result in healing?
- Does one have to be a "believer" to be healed through prayer?
- Why would one chose prayer as a viable form of health care?
- Is a system of healing prayer researched and developed in the late 1800's relevant today?
- Where do Jesus and Christianity fit into the discussion of finding God and finding health?
- Is there a moral element to effective spiritual healing through prayer?
Unending life within your reach -This one hour lecture introduces a Christian Science perspective of life before birth, the human experience and immortality, to general audiences. It explains the nature of God as divine Life, the source of all being, and how it is possible for us to live without fear of deterioration, aging, disease and death. This lecture presents the life of Mrs. Eddy in the context of the religious and scientific questioning of her time on the subject of life and the afterlife. It addresses common questions about Christian Science and its contemporary practice:
- Who is Mary Baker Eddy?
- Who is Christ Jesus, and what do his crucifixion, resurrection and ascension teach us about life and immortality?
- What present proof is there of eternal life?
- Is death an inevitable stepping stone to eternal life?
- Is Christian Science treatment effective in cases of grave illness?
- Can you show how physical healing happens in Christian Science?
- Can the deteriorating effects of aging be reversed?
- Is it ever too late to treat a case effectively through prayer in Christian Science?
Angry no more - From hurt to health through forgiveness.This one hour lecture introduces Christian Science and healing through prayer for emotional, mental and physical issues stemming from unhealed anger. For those who have felt victimized by their circumstances, trailed by a sad past, or who are marked by abuse, this lecture offers insights that neutralize perpetual reaction to pain and anger. The spiritual reasoning through prayer, taught in Christian Science unlocks ones potential for peace, forgiveness, restoration and progress. This lecture presents the life of Mrs. Eddy in the context of the spiritual insight and healing that led to her becoming a world-renowned American religious reformer. It addresses common questions about Christian Science and its practice:
- How does Christian Science deal with sin?
- Is there any act so heinous that one cannot forgive?
- Is Christian Science teaching on sin and forgiveness Bible-based?
- Is Christian Science Christian?
- Are Old Testament scriptures helpful in practicing mercy and forgiveness?
- Is Christian Science treatment effective in healing emotional, mental and behavioral difficulties stemming from abuse?
Thursday evening, 13 Mar 2014 at 7:30pm
at The Woman's Club of Minneapolis
410 Oak Grove St
Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
UNENDING LIFE WITHIN YOUR REACH
Sponsored by 3rd Church of Christ, Scientist, Minneapolis
Saturday morning, 15 Mar 2014 at 11:00am
at 1st Church of Christ, Scientist
2808 Kecoughtan Rd
Hampton Virginia USA
FINDING GOD, FINDING HEALTH
Sponsored by 1st Church of Christ, Scientist, Hampton
Saturday morning, 22 Mar 2014 at 11:00am
at 13th Church of Christ, Scientist
3500 NE 125th St
Seattle Washington USA
ANGRY NO MORE
Sponsored by 13th Church of Christ, Scientist, Seattle
Sunday afternoon, 23 Mar 2014 at 2:30pm
at Bainbridge Public Library
1270 Madison Av N
Bainbridge Island Washington USA
ANGRY NO MORE
Sponsored by 1st Church of Christ, Scientist, Bainbridge Island
Tuesday afternoon, 25 Mar 2014 at 1:30pm
at The Leaves
1230 W Spring Valley
Richardson Texas USA
ANGRY NO MORE
Sponsored by 3rd Church of Christ, Scientist, Dallas
Tuesday evening, 25 Mar 2014 at 7:30pm
1st Church of Christ, Scientist
7318 NE Loop 820
North Richland Hills Texas USA
ANGRY NO MORE
Sponsored by 1st Church of Christ, Scientist, North Richland Hills
Not a subscriber and want to be?
It's easy! Just sign up in the sidebar.
You may also wish to:
VISIT MY WEBSITE HOME PAGE
FIND LINKS TO MY OTHER PUBLISHED CONTENT
LISTEN TO A COLLECTION OF MY "YOUR DAILY LIFT" 2-MINUTE PODCASTS