What I love about a kaleidoscope is that no matter how often you look into one, the view is never the same. There is always some new combination of color and light exposed with just the slightest adjustment of the reflective mirrors' angle. I can't resist picking mine up and taking another look.
Yesterday's post talked about the Beatitudes in the Sermon on the Mount as being like a kaleidoscope. It's true that, every time we take them up for consideration in a fresh light, there are infinite views of blessedness to be discovered in Jesus' insights into God's goodness as it is reflected in us.
6. What keeps you safe? Your pure heart that sees God's attributes expressed in yourself and others as spiritual qualities. "Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God." Purity and innocence are spiritual strengths derived from Principle, Love. The pure heart - pure motives, joys, desires - is the strong heart. Blessed are ye pure – for you see God, Spirit, Principle expressed everywhere. YOU ARE BLESSED.
7. What is your mission? Jesus said, "And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me." (John 12:32 ) "Blessed are the peacemakers; for they shall be called the children of God." We don’t go out into the world to cope with problems, but to awaken ourselves and the world to blessedness. Living your spirituality, you draw others to an awareness of the infinite Good, God. This helps them to know, feel, understand and practice blessedness, too. Peacemakers live in blessedness that begets blessedness. Paul wrote, “Let that mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus.” One interpretation of that text is, “See yourself the way Christ Jesus saw himself.” See the effectiveness of your expression of spirituality in the world. YOU ARE BLESSED.
8. How do you fulfill your mission? Blessed are they that aren't afraid of resistance to good. "Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven." Be good for goodness' sake, not for comfort's sake. One blessing of "persecution for righteousness' sake" is that nothing gets you to clarify your vision of who you are and what you are about like a challenge does. Keep your focus. Yours is a high goal. Yours is the kingdom of heaven, the consciousness of harmony that isn't dependent on human comfort. Blessed are they who are willing to put good sweat-effort into expressing good. YOU ARE BLESSED.
9. And when things get tough? They probably will. Persist. (This is my favorite) "Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, ans shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake." Reviled AND persecuted AND they are saying all manner of evil against you falsely for the sake of the Christ you express? Well, now you are likely getting somewhere! Science and Health states, "The divine must overcome the human at every point. The Science Jesus taught and lived must triumph over all material beliefs about life, substance, and intelligence, and the multitudinous errors growing from such beliefs." It's the cross. It's the job. Take it up. Work hard for that crown. Persist. YOU ARE BLESSED.
10. "Rejoice! and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you." And there you have it. You are blessed by the good company you keep. Companioning with blessedness, you feel the blessing. And you are in good company. You are surrounded by examples, by angels, by proofs of the triumph of spiritual power over material resistance. Everyday brings more evidence of God's care. Rejoicing - being grateful for the blessings you see and embracing new blessings with joy - brings a sure reward. YOU ARE BLESSED!
The readership of this blog is growing by leaps and bounds everyday due to readers like you.
You will find a sharing button at the top of the sidebar, and buttons for Facebook and Twitter below.
Thanks for spreading the word about the blog so that others can find it!
And if you wish to subscribe, simply scroll up and submit your email in the box shown in the sidebar!
You may also wish to:
VISIT MY WEBSITE HOME PAGE
READ MORE BLOG POSTINGS
FIND LINKS TO MY OTHER PUBLISHED CONTENT